Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (TSEdCET)
Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (TSEdCET) is conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education. The exam is conducted in online mode to provide admission to candidates in two-year long BEd courses offered at the Colleges of Education in Telangana State.
TSEdCET 2019 Exam Dates (Tentative)
The exam is tentatively scheduled to be held on May 31 & 31, 2019.
TSEdCET 2019 Eligibility
- To appear for TSEdCET the candidates need to pass their graduation in BA/ BSc/ BSc (Home Science)/ BCom/ BE/ BTech/ BCA/ BBM with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- All candidates applying for TSEdCET 2019 exam should be Indian nationals.
- All candidates should clear their graduation in BA/ BSc/ BSc (Home Science)/ BCom/ BE/ BTech/ BCA/ BBM or post-graduation in relevant subject or five-year integrated course in the relevant subject of methodology or any other equivalent qualification with at least 50% aggregate marks. For candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ BC (A/B/C/D/E)/ PH category minimum marks required in the qualifying exam is 40%.
- Candidates should be minimum 19 years in age as on July 1 of the year in which TSEdCET notification is out. There is no maximum age limit required to appear for TSEdCET exam.
- Note: Candidates who have cleared MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BL/ LLB/ BA (Languages)/ BOL and any other such professional course are not eligible for BEd admissions via TSEdCET.
TSEdCET 2019 Question Pattern
In TSEdCET exam, the question paper is divided into three parts. First two parts are common for all candidates. Questions in the final part (Part C) of the exam depend on the methodology/ subject a candidate chooses. The five subjects on which the candidates are tested upon are:
- Social Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
TSEdCET 2019 Process
Step 1: Fill TSEdCET Application Form
For TSEdCET 2019 registrations, candidates can fill the application form in the online mode only. Candidates need to visit the official website of the exam and fill as well as submit the TSEdCET 2019 application form there.
TSEdCET 2019 application fee also needs to be paid in the online mode. Candidates can use either TS Online/ AP Online/ Mee-Seva/ E-Seva centres in Telangana State or payment gateway (credit/ debit card).
Step 2: Download TSEdCET Admit Card
Once application forms are filled and submitted successfully, candidates can download their TSEdCET 2019 admit card/ hall ticket from the official website of the exam. Candidates can download the admit card by entering their registration number and date of birth on the TSEdCET website.
Check complete details on TSEdCET admit card.
Step 3: Appear for TSEdCET Exam
TSEdCET 2019 Exam Centers
TSEdCET 2019 exam centres are not out yet. However, in 2018, TSEdCET exam was conducted in a total of 16 cities all over India. Check TSEdCET exam centres below:
- Hyderabad Central
- Hyderabad North
- Hyderabad South-East
- Hyderabad West
- Hyderabad East
Note: Exact TSEdCET exam centre details were mentioned on the admit card of candidates.
TSEdCET 2019 Contact Information
Prof C Madhumathi
Convener, TSEdCET – 2018,
University College of Education,
Hyderabad – 500 007 (TS) India
University College of Education,
B-block, Osmania University,
Hyderabad – 500 007