Telangana State Physical Education Common Entrance Test (TSPECET)
TS PECET is conducted by Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) for students who wish to seek admission in BPEd (Two years) and DPEd (Two Years) courses in Telangana. TS PECET is divided into two parts which are – Physical Efficiency Test and Skill Test in Game.
TSPECET Important Dates
- Issue of Notification - Last week of February
- Commencement of Application Form - Last week of February
- Last Date of Submitting Application Form - Last week of April
- Date of Examination - May
- Result Date - Last Week of May
- For exact dates visit EducationNews.Shiksha
TS PECET Eligibility
In order to be eligible to apply for TS PECET exam, candidates need to be Indian Nationals.
Candidates should belong to the state of Telangana only. The candidates should satisfy local / non-local status requirements as laid down in the Telangana State Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
Candidates who have appeared for third year degree final examination or secured three years degree recognised by any university in Telangana or any other university recognised as equivalent.
Candidates need to be 19 years of age as on July 1 to be eligible to apply for TSPECET exam for BPEd admissions.
- The in-service Physical Education Teachers (PETs) applying for admission into BPEd Course do not need to appear for any entrance exam conducted by TSPECET
- Graduates who have obtained their degree under distance mode from Deemed to be Universities and Private Universities do not meet TS PECET eligibility criteria unless such courses have received the approval of joint action committee of UGC and Distance Education Council and AICTE.
TS PECET Application Process
Candidates need to fill their TSPECET application form through the online mode only. Aspirants need to duly fill and submit their application form for TS PECET exam if they want to apply for admission in BPEd and DPEd courses offered in the state of Telangana.
TSPECET Exam Pattern
TSPECET exam comprises of two parts which are – Physical Efficiency Test and Skill Test in Game. Maximum marks that candidates can secure in TSPECET is 500 marks.